Dental Cleaning and Examinations Kendall, FL
We believe that preventative care is essential for staying in good oral health. Our goal is to keep our patients as healthy as possible. The best way to do so is through ongoing dental care and teaching our patients how to practice good oral hygiene at home. If you live in the Kendall, Florida call (305) 274-6500 to schedule your exam and to learn how you can stay healthy year-round.
At Bliss Dental, we provide dental cleanings and examinations to patients throughout Kendall (Miami, Kendale Lakes, the Hammocks, Coral Gables,…).
We believe that preventative care is essential for staying in good oral health. Our goal is to keep our patients as healthy as possible. The best way to do so is through ongoing dental care and teaching our patients how to practice good oral hygiene at home.
- Preventative care
- Dental Cleanings and Examinations for Children
- Kendall Dental Cleaning and Examinations
- Preventative Dental Care Can Save You Money
- Deep Cleaning Can Prevent Tooth Loss
- The Frequency of Teeth Cleaning
- Procedures to schedule as part of a routine dental care
- Here are some of the routine dental procedures that we perform on a regular basis:
- Frequently Asked Questions
Dental Cleanings and Examinations for Children
Dr. Gaertner works with patients of various ages and knows how to help children to feel comfortable while visiting the dentist. Families throughout Florida visit our dentist office to for their child to receive a teeth cleaning. We recommend that teeth cleanings and exams start from a very young age. This is important for ensuring that baby teeth grow in properly and stay healthy until the adult teeth are ready to come in. People may not realize how important healthy baby teeth are. Children can get cavities and gum disease just like adults do. The difference being that children are less capable of understanding or dealing with discomfort. We recommend that parents throughout Kendall bring their children in for dental cleanings and examinations at least twice a year. This way, we can remove harmful plaque and bacteria in order to prevent cavities.
While cleaning children’s teeth, our staff will be sure to practice gentle dentistry. By building a rapport with our young patients, they will feel more relaxed during their dental appointments. Thus, visiting the dentist becomes fun instead of intimidating. We also recommend that parents take the time to read stories about going to the dentist and play games by teaching children how to examine their toy’s teeth. These little steps can help children to feel comfortable when getting their own teeth cleaned. By doing so twice a year, their baby teeth are more likely to stay in until they are supposed to fall out, and their adult teeth will also stay healthier. If you have questions about scheduling an appointment for your child call 305-274-6500.
Kendall Dental Cleaning and Examinations
We recommend that adults throughout Kendall FL receive teeth cleanings at least twice a year, as well. Good oral health is important regardless of how old you are. As people age, their risk for an oral infection continues to increase. The older teeth get, the more the protective enamel starts to wear away, and it can become easier to get a cavity. The best way to combat this is by brushing and flossing throughout the day in addition to visiting the dentist on a regular basis. We offer flexible appointment times so that you can schedule an appointment around your work or family schedule, making it easier than ever to get a teeth cleaning.
At Bliss Dental, we practice gentle dentistry and provide teeth cleanings for patients with sensitive teeth. Many adults avoid visiting the dentist due to concern that their teeth will hurt or feel worse during the exam or subsequent cleaning. When working with the right dentist, you can feel comfortable regardless of how sensitive your teeth are. We offer a variety of sedation methods so that you do not have to feel anything while getting your dental cleaning and examinations. Whether you need something to relax or direct pain medication, Dr. Gaertner can create a treatment plan that includes sedation so that you can remain comfortable.
If you live in Florida, it is important to understand the reason that teeth become sensitive. Very often, it is due to the enamel on the outside of the teeth wearing away. Enamel can wear away due to age, what you eat and improper oral health care. While brushing with desensitizing toothpaste can help, you need to continue visiting the dentist to ensure that your teeth and gums stay healthy. Otherwise, the sensitivity can increase. During your dental exam, let us know about the discomfort you are feeling so that we can discuss ways to reduce it by using methods such as a fluoride treatment or sealant.
Check out what others are saying about our dental cleaning services on Yelp: Dental Cleaning and Examinations Kendall.
Regularly scheduled dental cleaning and examinations can help to prevent a dental emergency. Many adults go far too long between visits to the dentist. As a year or two goes by, infections can develop that create a painful situation and lead to dental emergencies. For example, a minor cavity can be corrected with minimal discomfort. However, if the infection spreads into the center of the tooth, the dental pulp can become infected and a root canal will become necessary. Fortunately, these types of infections can typically be avoided by scheduling an appointment twice a year with Dr. Gaertner. It is important to keep in mind that healthy teeth are also less likely to become damaged or injured. By staying in good health, you can prevent teeth from becoming cracked or chipped during an accident.
During the teeth cleaning and examination, we will also discuss ways that you can keep your teeth and gums healthy at home. At Bliss Dental, we believe that good oral hygiene at home is important to do in conjunction with visiting our office. We recommend that you use a soft toothbrush to brush your teeth twice a day and use fluoride toothpaste. This will keep harmful sugar and bacteria off of your teeth and the fluoride will help to strengthen them. You will also benefit from flossing daily to get food particles and bacteria out of hard-to-reach places. Following up with an antibacterial mouthwash will help to kill any remaining germs.
Your diet is also important to good oral health. Make sure to drink plenty of water and eat a diet that contains dairy products, lean protein, green vegetables and complex carbs so that your body gets the nutrients it needs to stay healthy. We can provide additional tips and information during your dental cleaning and examinations. To schedule your appointment with Dr. Gaertner call 305-274-6500.
Preventative Dental Care Can Save You Money
In addition to helping you avoid a nasty toothache and saving you time, preventative dental care can also save you money. At Bliss Dental, we can treat your tooth decay or infected tooth, regardless of how minor or severe the problem is. We prefer, however, to identify the problem quickly and before it has the chance to spread and cause you a great deal of discomfort. It is also important to note that if you have a small cavity, all that you will likely need is for the decayed portion to be removed. A filling can then restore the missing tooth structure. While the cost of every procedure depends on the extent of the work being done, a good rule of thumb is that a filling will cost around a third of what a crown will cost. If you are looking to save money, catching a cavity early, when all that’s needed is a filling, will provide a significant savings. Unfortunately, those that do not receive regular dental care often wait until the discomfort is so severe that they can’t stand it any longer. By this point, the decay or infection is likely to be so severe that a crown will be necessary. Given the higher cost, you could have three fillings for the price of one crown. Therefore, preventative dental care makes financial sense.
Deep Cleaning Can Prevent Tooth Loss
Another way that preventative dental care can save you money is in the realm of tooth loss. A leading causes of tooth loss among adults is gum disease. If plaque and bacteria are left on your gums and teeth, it can become trapped underneath the gum tissue. This can cause them to swell and bleed. During regular dental appointments, we can identify early signs of gum disease and perform a deep cleaning if necessary. Once the plaque and bacteria have been removed, your gums should return to good health. However, if gum disease is left untreated, your gums can start to recede, and pockets can be created in the gum tissue. This will expose your teeth to attack, bone, and tooth loss. At that point, you will be forced to either live with a missing tooth or replace it using dentures, a dental bridge or a dental implant. All of these solutions are effective and can restore your smile. They will, however, cost you significantly more money than what you would spend on a simple teeth cleaning and dental exam. The cost comparison is truly no comparison at all. If you are budget conscious, having your teeth regularly cleaned should, therefore, be a top priority. At Bliss Dental, we can work with you to create a plan for preventative dental care and address any current health issues that you have so that your dental work is affordable. If you live in the 33183 area, don’t delay in scheduling your dental exam. Call 305-274-6500 today.
The Frequency of Teeth Cleaning
There is much debate as to what the proper frequency of teeth cleaning really is. In general, most people think they should visit their dentist once every six months for a check-up that includes professional teeth cleaning. However, this is not true for every single patient. Those who have gum disease need to visit their dentist for an examination and teeth cleaning at least once every three months.
Furthermore, those who are diagnosed with tooth decay, those who smoke and those who have other oral health issues will find professional teeth cleanings every three to four months are necessary.
Why Teeth Cleaning is Important
Teeth gradually accumulate plaque and tartar. This formation of plaque and tartar even occurs on the teeth of those who brush and floss every single day. It also occurs on the teeth of people who eat a vegan diet, the teeth of smokers and the teeth of those with perfectly healthy gums.
Thus, this is precisely why everyone needs teeth cleanings at least once every six months at a bare minimum. Such regular visits will help prevent the heavy buildup of tartar and plaque.
Procedures to schedule as part of a routine dental care
When you visit our Kendall, FL office for routine dental care, we will do several things. First, we will examine your teeth with a visual inspection. We will look at every single tooth to determine if you have any tooth decay. We will also look at your gums to see if there are signs of gum disease and take images of your mouth to see if you have any infections that are not visible to the naked eye. If we identify anything, we will discuss a treatment plan with you. Otherwise, we will proceed with cleaning your teeth and gums. Depending on your age, we will also recommend specific procedures that can prevent future cavities. For example, we often recommend fluoride as part of routine dental care. Fluoride is a mineral that, when placed on the teeth can strengthen them and reduce the risk of getting cavities by 30 percent. If you tend to get cavities or live in an area of 33183 that does not have city water, this simple procedure can help you to stay healthy. As a bonus, getting a fluoride treatment is painless and fast.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dentist Kendall.
In children, we often recommend dental sealant as well since sealant can be placed onto teeth with deep ridges and work as a barrier, preventing plaque and bacteria from becoming trapped and causing cavities. In adults, this is not a common procedure, however, if you are experiencing tooth sensitivity there are preventative steps we can take so that it doesn’t become worse. Tooth sensitivity normally occurs due to a loss of enamel. This leaves the dentin underneath exposed and susceptible to irritation when you eat or drink. We can perform a bonding procedure to protect the dentin. In order to do so, we will apply a tooth-colored material to the surface of your teeth, shape it, and harden it using a special light. Once done, you will have a natural-looking outer layer that replaces your lost enamel and reduces or eliminates any sensitivity that you may be feeling. This is one procedure that can be easily performed during routine dental care and will often prevent the need for crowns in the future. To learn more about bonding, we invite you to call 305-274-6500 and schedule an appointment with our Kendall dental office.
Here are some of the routine dental procedures that we perform on a regular basis:
- Teeth Cleanings. If you want to prevent cavities, you need to keep your teeth clean. Daily brushing and flossing are an important part of keeping your teeth and gums healthy. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to reach all of the areas in your mouth by yourself. This is why you need to visit the dentist for a professional teeth cleaning twice a year. We can remove the plaque that has formed on and in between your teeth along with at your gum line. This is not just important for preventing cavities, it also prevents gum disease. Gum disease is typically a result of plaque becoming trapped under your gums. To schedule your appointment call (305) 274-6500. Our staff is gentle and we are confident that you will have a pleasant experience.
- Deep Cleanings. Gum disease creates the need for a deep cleaning. During this procedure we will remove the plaque and tartar that has built up underneath the gums. Once done, your gums will begin to feel better.
- Fluoride Treatments. In addition to keeping your teeth clean, we can also strengthen them. When you eat and brush your teeth, you could be gently stripping away your enamel. Foods that are acidic and drinks like soda have a low pH level and can actually dissolve your dentin. Cola products, for example, have a pH level closer to battery acid than they do to water. This means that your teeth can gradually become weaker and more susceptible to decay and even damage. To combat this, you need to strengthen them. A fluoride treatment is one way to do so. We can apply fluoride to teeth in a matter of minutes. There is no irritation and this mineral will strengthen teeth enough to reduce the risk of cavities by 30 percent. If you live in Kendall, FL we encourage you to schedule an appointment for a fluoride treatment today.
- Dental Sealant. One of our routine dental procedures is applying dental sealant. This is a clear, plastic-like material that is gently brushed onto the teeth. At Bliss Dental, we recommend sealant for people that have deep ridges on the chewing surfaces of their teeth. Some people are born with teeth like this while others develop deeper ridges over time. The challenge is that deep ridges are prone to having food become trapped in them and they are difficult to clean. As a result, plaque can form and the acid it secretes can cause decay. The best way to combat this is to seal the ridges so that nothing can become trapped there. We can do so in only a couple of minutes per tooth. This makes the procedure quick, easy, affordable, and an excellent way to reduce the risk of developing cavities.
- Teeth Whitening. This is an incredibly popular dental procedure for our 33183 patients because it provides a fast and affordable way to improve the appearance of teeth. It is perfectly natural for teeth to become dull, yellow or stained with age. If you smoke, drink a lot of red wine, coffee or tea, your teeth can become yellow much faster. As a result, we regularly whiten teeth for people in their early twenties on up. The procedure works because the whitening solution is placed on the teeth and when it is, it penetrates the enamel and starts the process of oxidization. This is where the molecules inside of the teeth change to reflect less light, appear colorless and give your teeth a bright white appearance. If you have an important event coming up, call 305-274-6500 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Gaertner and discuss this procedure in further detail.
- Dental Bonding. When it comes to routine dental procedures, dental bonding is one of the most widely used solutions for improving the appearance of teeth and restoring damaged ones. At Bliss Dental, we can use bonding material to restore a tooth that has been cracked or chipped in an accident. We can also use it to close gaps in between teeth, change the shape of teeth, cover dark stains, and make them appear better in general. As an added benefit, we can complete the bonding procedure in one visit to our dental office. After selecting the right shade, we prepare the tooth by roughening it up slightly and then place the bonding material on top of it. We then shape it into place and harden it. By the time you are ready to leave, you will have a fully restored and naturally beautiful tooth.
- Dental Crowns. If you have suffered extensive damage to one of your teeth or are missing a large amount of enamel due to decay or an infection, you may need dental crowns. This is a more extensive dental restoration because a crown is a cap that surrounds your tooth entirely. It can be made of a tooth-colored resin or porcelain so that it appears perfectly natural. This makes it possible to use crowns on either a front tooth or a back molar. Out of all of our routine dental procedures, this one is typically used to restore a tooth that has been cracked or chipped and cannot be restored with a veneer or bonding due to the location of the tooth or severity of the damage.
Call today to schedule your consultation
Frequently Asked Questions
Many of our patients ask how frequently they need to visit our office for routine dental care. This is an understandable question because most people associate going to the doctor or dentist with visits to stop discomfort or a perceived health issue. Visiting the dentist is a little different. We want to see you when you aren’t experiencing any problems so that we can keep it that way. Typically, when plaque and bacteria forms on the teeth, you won’t see an immediate problem but if it is left there, you can develop cavities and gum disease. Even small cavities won’t always cause immediate discomfort, making it difficult to judge the condition of your mouth at home. This is why you should visit our office twice a year. We can examine your teeth, identify issues while they are small, and treat them immediately. Our team will also clean your teeth at this time so that gum disease and infections can be prevented entirely. If you are a diabetic, you may need to visit our office three or four times per year, depending on how often you have a diabetic episode. This is because uncontrolled blood sugar inhibits the white blood cells ability to fight off infection, including the bacteria in your mouth. At Bliss Dental, we can treat diabetic patients, while also coordinating your care with your medical physician as necessary. If you are otherwise healthy and not in any discomfort, we recommend that you have a dental exam and teeth cleaning at least once per year.
Yes. At Bliss Dental, we recommend that everyone visit the dentist at least once per year, regardless of age. Even toddlers need to see the dentist and so do seniors, even ones that wear dentures. This is because everyone is susceptible to getting cavities and gum disease. For example, baby bottle tooth decay can impact two-year-olds that are prone to taking a bottle or juice to bed. Simultaneously, even seniors that struggle with full tooth loss need to visit the dentist to ensure that there are no issues with their gums and that their dentures still fit properly. Tooth loss leads to resorption so the jawbone will change, and this can lead to ill-fitting and uncomfortable dentures. With that in mind, regardless of how old you are or what your situation is – you should visit the dentist for routine dental care.
Routine dental care must also include good oral hygiene at home. At Bliss Dental, we recommend that you brush your teeth with a soft toothbrush for two minutes at a time, twice per day. You should purchase a new toothbrush every three months, brush with a fluoride toothpaste, and make a circular motion as you do. Follow this up with flossing once a day, drinking water, and avoiding foods that are high in sugar or acid. This will help your teeth to remain strong and healthy in between dental visits.
If you live near Kendall, FL, Bliss Dental offers Dental Cleaning and Examinations among its services, and is conveniently located at 8501 SW 124th Ave Ste 104 Kendall, FL 33183
Why Choose Dr. Gaertner of Bliss Dental
As the son of a dentist, Dr. Gaertner’s passion for dentistry began at an early age. Following high school, Dr. Gaertner attended Nova Southeastern University in Florida where he earned his Bachelor’s of Science in Biology, then graduated with his Doctorate of Dental Medicine (D.M.D) degree. Dr. Gaertner has practiced dentistry in both the United States and his home country of Belgium and now calls the Miami area home.
He practices a variety of dentistry, including Cosmetic Dentistry, Smile Makeovers, Dental Crowns, Porcelain Veneers, Root Canal Treatments, Invisalign, and so on. Dr. Gaertner has also integrated the use of Dental Lasers and Botox injections into his practice.
Bliss Dental is a full-service facility, offering top-notch patient care and providing services that range from routine dental care to endodontics to cosmetic and restorative dentistry services that enhance patients’ smiles.